The mission of the Selma City School District is to provide a safe and supportive teaching and learning environment, through the collaboration and partnerships of parents and community.
The vision of the Selma City School District is to be documented as a model school district where students are empowered through academic excellence to achieve success throughout life.
Our Core Values
- STUDENTS FIRST: We put the needs of ALL our scholars first and serve the whole-child.
- EXCELLENCE: We have high expectations of ourselves and expect to be held accountable to produce exemplary outcomes.
- TEAMWORK: We believe that we are stronger together and that our greatest asset is our collective vision and ability to work collaboratively.
- JOY: We believe in our work and will enthusiastically celebrate the success of Team Selma.
- EQUITY: We are intentional about eliminating opportunity gaps and removing barriers to ensure every scholar succeeds.
- INTEGRITY: WE do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
The following principles guide the Selma City School System in its responsibility to provide a quality education for each child:
- Learning places for children and teaching places for adults should be safe, healthy, and orderly environments.
- The highest quality of teaching should be evident every day through a rigorous/challenging curriculum and relevant applications of content standards.
- Every child has the ability to learn and should be afforded equitable learning opportunities.
- Early learning is a critical component for success in school.
- Parental, family, and community engagement offer necessary resources and support systems in order to develop students into responsible citizens.
- The process of making decisions based upon scientifically-based data yield high quality outcomes.
- Continuous improvement through data analysis, strategic planning, and performance assessments embodies a commitment to excellence.
- A focus on the responsible use of resources and support systems for facilities, materials, tools, personnel creates opportunities for optimal teaching and learning.
- Student involvement in service learning develops responsible citizens for society.
- Integrity in leadership and governance builds public confidence in the mission of the school system.