The vision of Sophia P. Kingston Elementary School is to educate the whole child through effective instruction inclusive of the promotion of citizenship to prepare students to compete successfully in a global society.
The mission of Sophia P. Kingston Elementary School is to provide all students with a safe, nurturing learning environment where educational opportunities are enriched to promote lifelong success through varied and engaging instruction provided by highly effective educators. The students at Kingston Elementary School will acquire the knowledge needed to compete globally in this transformational society. The school is committed to ongoing improvement in all stakeholders
At Sophia P. Kingston Elementary School, we believe:
1. A quality education includes teaching children how to learn and how to critically apply learning to daily life.
2. All children can learn, and should be given the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential, intellectually, socially, and emotionally.
3. Explicit instructional practices are inclusive of learning activities for diverse learners.
4. Students learn best when exposed to engaging, creative and innovative learning opportunities.
5. Student self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect for self and others.
6. Students should be held accountable for their making good choices and being responsible for their academics and behavior.
7. A safe, attractive, and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
8. Professional growth of educators is an ongoing process that is vital to providing a quality education.
9. Parental and community involvement and support are essential in fostering academics and attendance.
10. School is a professional learning community that holds each student to high academic and behavior standards.