To effectively and efficiently administer the school in an effort to maximize the educational benefits to those who receive services provided by the school. To plan, promote, implement, supervise, and evaluate effective instructional and related programs to maximize student achievement.
1. Master's degree or above from an accredited college or university.
2. Three(3) years teaching experience; prior administrative or principal experience preferred.
3. Valid Alabama certification in administration, supervision, or educational leadership.
4. Knowledge of curriculum development, supervision, effective classroom practices, and staff development principles.
5. Ability to demonstrate effective leadership skills in group settings.
6. Ability to understand the unique needs, growth issues, and learning characteristics of student of the school/grade level (s) assigned.
7. Knowledge of special education laws, policies, rules and procedures.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
9. Knowledge and ability to use and facilitate the use of various forms of education technology.
10. Effective interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on communication and collaboration with a wide variety of people and groups, including, but not limited to, students, faculty, staff, parents, and community leaders.
11. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.