My name is Jennifer Hyche.
This is my second year as librarian at Clark Elementary.
I encourage grades 1st through 5th to participate in the Accelerated Reading program. This program allows the students to read books from the library and take reading comprehension test on the computer. We will have a lot of exciting activities during the 2015-2016 school year, please come by and check out the Clark Elementary Library! This is only the beginning there will be much more to come. READ!
Please encourage your child to READ daily and if you have little ones who cannot read yet, please read to them. Have fun and read a book!
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the teachers, students, and parents of Clark Elementary.
To fulfill the mission above, the Library commits to the following Goals:
- Understand the research, teaching, and learning needs of its users;
- Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Provide access to and promote the discovery and use of local and external information resources;
- Ensure the availability of Library collections and resources;
- Create a physical and virtual environment for study, teaching, and research;
- Collaborate with other members of the school to enrich the research and learning community;
- Advance local, national, and international library and information initiatives.
I earned my Master's degree at the University of West Alabama for Library Media in May 2014.